In September 1945, the board of Education purchased one projector and it was taken from school to school to show films.
In September 1946, specified classes in junior grades visited the Public Library on schedule.
In September 1955, the first safety patrol was at Ritson Road School on the recommendation of the newly formed Oshawa Safety Council.
The Truant Officer in 1922 was Mr. P.H. Punshon and in 1927 it was Mr. A.L.W. Smith. At last after all those years of discussion truant officers were appointed, at last.
 His salary was $100 per year. D. Ross. P. 147